Monday, September 06, 2010

omggg.. feeling the love.

i dont' quite know where to start, since it has been like 2 weeks since my last post? and A LOT has happened since then. maybe i should just tell you the most recent thing that happened and leave the rest for later...

this morning, before church, i was complaining that I feel that God's not talking to me and that he's so far far away. i know i've been quite cynical over the past few months, and i know this has been a factor in the dryness i feel. my hardened heart is hard. i've been trying to think that it's not, but i guess there is no denying since the symptoms show.

i went to state college assembly of God today. it's my second time there, and i really like it a lot. firstly cuz I can feel God there. which is wow to me. secondly, there are many flags on the ceiling of the main sanctuary, and i think it's a missions church. as i look around me, i see many ppl from very diverse backgrounds. i also heard that the student body alone, in this church has like 22 nations represented. so cool right!! =) a lot of them from countries unknown to me. =X and thirdly, it's a very very welcoming place with very nice people. and OH! their mission statement is "Love God. Love people. Love life!" HAHA!!! i miss home. but this is something that i hold on to personally as well, as my own life mission. =)

today's sermon was on the River of God. a timely word for me and because God kept nudging and i knew i had to do business with God, i went up to the altar today. "Spirit of God pour out", a line in a song they were singing became my heart's cry and God just touched me there and then. i was refreshed by the living water of God, and i felt soo goood. though so far away from home and all alone, i felt so close to God. in that instant, it felt like all my worries were washed away, and i was made new.

after getting up and walking back to my seat, an african girl i believe, approached me and said she felt led to pray for me. and asked for my full name and email address. i felt sooo loved and accepted!! omggg! just a simple gesture like this made me feel so overwhelmed by her love. (my heart is like jumping up and down non stop now...)

today has been God planned, God destined, God given.

So this is the family of God. I love my family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home