Tuesday, June 01, 2010

God's punishment

i'm not sure if i am right in saying all these, but i really wonder "is God less strict than He was a few centuries back?" do you not find it queer that as you read the Bible, that there are so many examples of God punishing His people, withdrawing His presence from them, handing them over to their enemies or delayed promise fulfillment? Then, comparing it with today's prevalent evil or even the way Christians approach God the with a slack attitude and the lack of fear of God thereof, I included, that you wonder "has God kinda 'given' up on us? that we are tooo bad that He can't be bothered to punish us anymore?"

i'm sure it's not that, and that i have miniscule him to my limited understanding of His power and might. But this makes me reflect on the way i've approached God over the last few days, weeks etc. many a times i come before God with a self seeking agenda. instead of glorifying Him, i demand answers. instead of enjoying His presence, i rush in and even out.

as i'm typing this, the thought that comes to my mind is Seek His Face. BUT HOWWWW?!!!

anyways back to my topic. i realised too that i don't really know when God is punishing me. i guess i dont like the idea of Him punishing me, and if stuff happens, i'd probably blame my lack of time spent with God or something. i never know, when things go wrong, whether it was me who caused it to happen or coincidence or God. How does God punish us anyways? i think hardly any preachers preach on God punishing us.

"My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline
and do not resent his rebuke,
because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
as a father the son he delights in."
-Proverbs 3:11-12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home