Saturday, October 02, 2010

sailing the chesapeake bay

sorry i've not been very consistent this sem. there's something about america that makes me blog less. maybe cuz there are alway things to do, places to go. and somehow, time slips away and you find yourself not having much time to do stuff. actually i do have a lot of time for myself, but. LAZY LAH!

last week i went on my sailing field trip down south east to the eastern shore of maryland, chesapeake bay. it took us 5hours plus to get there and we left on thurs evening and came back on sunday night. it was really really fun and i had the time of my life there!=) esp the 2nd day when we went out on the skipjack and sailed the bay, caught crabs, cooked 'em and ate them on board. i also got to eat freshly shucked oysters! mmmm yumms. for more pics, just go check out my fb =)






i'm going on another field trip tmr to the harrisburg portion of the susquehanna river. hopefully the weather holds up and it won't be too cold tmr. my tolerance for cold is getter lower and lower. a sign that singapore is my HOME. hahaha.

i've been reading a book: forgotten God by francis chan. it talks about us forgetting about the Holy Spirit. though i would say i've experienced the power of the Holy Spirit and i know a lil abit about it, this book is reaallyy reminding me of the certain basics that i've forgotten and how in certain ways i've quenched the Spirit (1Thes 5:19). the choices i make in life aren't really for me to make. cuz i will almost certainly make the wrong choices. but with the Holy Spirit's guidance i will be able to make the God choices. as i read, i keep wondering about how other people and myself included say stuff like: God led me to do this, God told me this, He spoke to me, He showed me. and i wonder if it reaaaaalllllyyyyy did happen. i know they did, but sometimes i doubt myself too. won't it hurt God sooo much if we put words into His mouth.

amazon here is sooo convenient and cheap, and as much as i'd like to buy books for anyone who wants, i might not be able to. but if u really want, just tell me okay? i miss all of you back home. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home