Saturday, October 10, 2009

"Don't run away"

10 ‘If you will still remain in this land, then I will build you and not pull you down, and I will plant you and not pluck you up.

13 “But if you say, ‘We will not dwell in this land,’ disobeying the voice of the LORD your God, 14 saying, ‘No, but we will go to the land of Egypt where we shall see no war, nor hear the sound of the trumpet, nor be hungry for bread, and there we will dwell’— 15 Then hear now the word of the LORD, O remnant of Judah! Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘If you wholly set your faces to enter Egypt, and go to dwell there, 16 then it shall be that the sword which you feared shall overtake you there in the land of Egypt; the famine of which you were afraid shall follow close after you there in Egypt; and there you shall die." Jeremiah 42:10-18

"Don't run away" you said. and that's wad i'd do. i thank you for your promise that you will build me, plant me and grow me where i am. i believe you have a reason for placing me in such a terrible, trying and tiring position. It literally feels like i am torn into 2 worlds, one of grace and one of law. but i believe that both can work hand in hand and i'd be able to find a balance in the two. do we not see grace in the law?

ultimately i pray you root me in your word and make it my firm foundation. i pray for unity and against disunity. i pray for forgiveness for our pride. i pray for love and understanding. i pray for a fresh revelation of the unified body of Christ, ie the church. i pray that holy spirit you guide me in the right ways. i pray.

today i learn to pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home